Back to Photos


Goblet pleats have a soft rounded front, and are pinched slightly at the bottom.

The shape resembles a wine glass, or goblet. The photo below contrasts different types

of pleats, the last on the right is the goblet. Goblet pleats are best for stationary panels,

as they do not stack up tightly against each other when the panel is drawn back.

The best pleats for drapes that will traverse (open and close) are the French the Quad or the Euro pleat.


From left to right below:

Cartridge pleat, Reverse pleat, Euro pleat, French pleat, (3 fold) Quad pleat, (4 fold) Goblet pleat.




 Back to Photos